|This one went to someone who already sees unicorns, |
so they should be fine.
Damiana is a flowering herb that I am quite fond of in both flavor and effect. I've already rhapsodized about her beauty on this blog.
Damiana Love Cordial - a Basic Recipe
- Play some sexy music and set the mood. (optional, but encouraged)
- Fill your jar of choice half-full with damiana. Add any other herbs that make you feel tingly, happy, and naughty. Some suggestions are rose petals, vanilla bean, honeysuckle flowers, horny goat weed, muira pauma...
- Add booze! In this case, I used a good quality, clean-flavored vodka. Fill the jar up to the top!
- Close jar, swish to mix it all together, and put into a dark cabinet. Shake it occasionally.
- Six weeks later, strain the mixture, and squeeze the liquid out of the herbs. Add the herbs to your compost.
- Make a sugar syrup, or honey syrup to sweeten. The cordial in the picture above was done with honey, hence the near opaque quality of the delicious nectar!
|The Sweetened Essence of Earl Grey is subtitled with|
"A Drink for Gentlemen, A Drink for Rogues"